Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Waiting for my ruca


I know that my last post was about procrastination but I really intended to get right to the sanding.

Really.

But the lawn really needed to be mowed. Then I couldn’t mow it because I found a rabbit nest so I had to put up a temporary fence to keep my dog out. The next night I came home and discovered that one baby rabbit was missing so I had to search the yard to find him (which I did) and put him back (which I did after a photo).

Then I really had to clean the garage because it was a mess and you never know when you’re going to have company and when your company will want to have a party in the garage.

Then I was going to get to the sanding but instead the wife and I went to the beach for a long weekend.

Then –and this is not my fault –a hurricane hit my neighborhood and I spend an entire night bailing out my basement bucket by bucket to make sure that the rising water didn’t damage my boiler or furnace. I won. But wifey had the nerve to be traveling in Europe (for business, allegedly) during the hurricane and I was on my own. I guess it was for the best since I was drunk for the entire weekend and there was no power so it would have been impossible to drown my drunk ranting out with Project Runway.

Today I took off from work and sanded the walls. Now it’s time for a second coat and then more sanding.

But first, I really need to clean those gutters. Or maybe read that Tolstoy book I’ve been meaning to read.

No comments: