Wednesday, September 7, 2011

And yes I'm all lit up again



The wife and I got the second coat of drywall compound on the walls and sanded it down over the weekend.

A box of sandpaper and a bucket of taping compound was about 30 bucks. I don't remember how I lost the receipts but it was probably when I was trying to haul the 60 pounds of joint compound up two flights of stairs while trying to hide my heavy breathing from the wife. I don't want her to know how out of shape I am. Because, you know, the gut she sees every day is not conclusive evidence. The new total is $631.42.

It was hot as hell over the weekend so we took on the project while only wearing minimal clothing. Apologies if you happened to be driving by and saw up my boxers while I was on the ladder sanding the ceiling.

I told the wife that she actually looked really good in her sanding attire. She said, "You're only turned on because of my dust mask. My mouth is covered and you can't hear what I'm saying."

No comments: