Monday, August 15, 2011

We’re on the tape, we’re fresh out the box


Wifey and I got the first coat of joint compound up on the walls last weekend. If you haven’t done this before you probably think that the next logical steps are sanding and a second coat of compound. If you have sanded joint compound before you know that now is the time for serious procrastination because sanding that first coat really sucks.

For example, in the last two days I somehow injured my pinkie (which is the most important finger for sanding), decided to reconfigure the amplifiers in my Jeep, and spend an entire day building Lego castles with my nephews. When I finally had a few spare hours yesterday I decided that my bathroom really needed a good (and lengthy) scrubbing.

Eventually we’ll get to the sanding.

No comments: