Tuesday, October 11, 2011

And make way for my smooth operation


Over the weekend I finished touching up the drywall, vacuumed the room, and took out the temporary floor. I also broke out the belt sander and started to sand the floor.

This is an actual conversation that I had with my wife this morning:

Me: Why didn’t you take that yogurt to work? With the granola? I bought it for you since you’ve been looking for healthy snacks to take to work.
Wifey: I don’t like granola.
Me: At that breakfast two weeks ago you said that yogurt with granola was the best thing you ever ate!
Wifey: I know, it was really good. I still had some left over and I ate it yesterday.
Me: So you like granola?
Wifey: But I don’t know how healthy it is to eat too much granola.
Me: Are you kidding?
Wifey: And I don’t really like mango yogurt.
Me: Have you ever tried mango yogurt?
Wifey: No but I don’t really like the idea of mango-flavored things.
Me: Fine, I’ll take the yogurt.
Wifey: No, now I kind of want it.

Sanding the floor will take a long time with both the belt sander and the palm sander. But sometimes it’s nice to have a time-consuming task planned for the weekend that makes it impossible to hear anyone else.

No comments: